Why?

Sunday, February 12, 2006

57 seconds of patheticness at a play school

So I have started work in the English speaking play school now. It's a whole lot nicer than I thought it would be. I feel useful and needed and it never gets boring, there is always something to do.
But this post is not going to be too long, I just want to share a very shocking and traumatising realisation I had at work a few days ago.
The kids very eating their snack, they get it after the nap. Well, I was on kitchen duty and had to make sure all the kids finish eating and get their dishes into the dishwasher. There were only two kids left in the dining room, a three-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl. They were sitting next to each other in the same table. They hadn't even nearly finished eating. They were constantly staring at each other with these stupid grins on their faces. Yuk. But at the same time so sweet. I didn't feel at all bad nor pathetic at this point. Not at all. Mostly amused. Well, as they were most definitely not concentrating on eating, I went over to them and tried to tell them that the other kids had already been playing for more than half an hour. I encouraged them to finish their snacks and then join the other kids, so I could finally finish the dishes and the rest of the cleaning and go home. The second I took a step away from those two kids, they held each others' hands and smiled and the girl told the boy to repeat the words OH MAMMA MIA. And they said it together. Oh god damn fucking mamma sodding mia! Then the girl moved her head closer to the boy's... Oh God, please don't let them kiss in front of me! I figured that God might think differently so I just turned around to I avoid seeing the utterly sugary scene of two kids kissing. And as I turned around the girl said: you know, we're holding hands... The boy just made this accepting sound, which let me know that he was just about as close to ecstasy as he'll ever get. Then the girl (who seems to be doing all the talking here) says: when we hold hands, it means that we're going to get married. The boy just giggled a bit and so did the girl and then the boy just goes: we're going to be married now.

I froze. I fucking froze.

I stood there, my back towards the two kids and couldn't move.

Oh my fucking God. These two three-year-olds have more things going on in their love lives than I do!

How pathetic is that?!

I'll tell you how pathetic it is.

VERY!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tugc said...

I totally agree...I was both smiling and getting surprised while reading this..
I think we are kinda getting old...

5:57 PM

 
Blogger K. said...

well, in a case like this i would feel bad about myself but then think about these kids in 15 years time when they won't be any better than any of us bitter sarcastic and cynical bitches and the magic disappears.
long live maturation, huh

8:46 PM

 
Blogger Finkle said...

hmm... at least (i hope) you wouldn't want to be married. or have kids.

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home